All dogs six months or older are required to be licensed in the City of Excelsior. Dog licenses are valid for the period of January 1 until the following December 31. Licenses are available at the city offices, Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. City offices are closed Fridays.
The city requires the following for issuance of a license:
- Name and address of the owner
- Name, breed, age, color, and sex of the dog
- A copy of the rabies certificate from a qualified veterinarian showing that the animal has been vaccinated against rabies
The license fee is:
- $25 if spayed or neutered
- $40 if not spayed or neutered
A late fee of $5 is applied to all licenses purchased after April 1 of each year.
Animal License Application (PDF)
Online Animal License Application
For questions or more information, contact City Hall at (952) 474-5233